Monday, March 13, 2006

Frequency exchange


B-day Didj
Originally uploaded by g4st.

I just had an amazing conversation. I was playing my new didgeridoo outside when I noticed a bird interacting with my rhythms. I began to listen intently to the calls of this earthen creature and began to mimic them. We carried on for around ten minutes or so.
Intelligence comes in so many forms. One may be brilliant in certain areas and completely inept in others. I believe the art of interaction to be perhaps one of the most divine qualities a being can posess.
So, what says the bird?
I can say for sure that the two of us were harmoniously engaged in a way that I rarely achieve with most human beings.

5 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Blogger FLbeekeeper said...

Could this be the music of primal man? And also, what kind of bird would be atracted to the rythmic hum of highs and lows of a digeridoo? (sp) Anyways..will this new band be meeting every week or what? lol

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger G4st said...

I wondered about the mysterious bird.
We actually rekindled our interaction the following night. This time I was on the piano, which gave me a more sophisticated harmonic palette. I tried just plain old whistling later on too.
I wonder how your bees would react to the didj?

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger FLbeekeeper said...

That's questionable. Some studies have shown that constant vibrations can serve to calm them...for some unknown reason. A practice called hammering, hitting a hive with a large impliment (hammer, fist, stick, etc.) at about 40-60 beats a minute will actually serve to get bees to all go up against gravity. This meathod was long implimented before the invention of the movable frame hive to get bees away from their honey.

In reference to musicional birds, the African Honey Guide, native to northern africa, will actually find a honeybee hive, alert a person or animal with a series of whistling, fly ahead and whistle some more. This can be repeated for hours untill the large animal gets close enough to the nest to tear it down, exposing the honey and brood. Then, the honeyguide must be left a peice of comb or, it will find that same animal and lead it again. But this time it won't be to honeybees....Black Mambas and lions seem to be their favorite tool of revenge.

NO...I DIDN'T MAKE THIS UP...GOOGLE IT!

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger G4st said...

Yikes!!!

 
At 2:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home